“Howdy folks, ol’ man Shanty here!
I came about in 2011 which means I’m the oldest one around. I was here first, gosh darn it! I remember when y’all were without electricity and an actual driveway. I’ve seen so much change around here from MY vantage down here in Hubcap Hollar. Those other, sexier units, they don’t even know. They think they are better than me?! Git off my lawn, I says! Git off my lawn!
Because I’m old, and the firstborn, I get continual attention paid to me in the form of a nip here and a tuck there. My bones are good though! I’m thick. I slept through both a 100mph microburst and a 5.5 earthquake in the same week in the summer of 2017. I’ve got hand-cut and milled 2×6 boards inside of me and plenty of insulation which means I’m cool in the summer and warm in the spring and fall. Ask those other units what they are sporting? Popsicle sticks? Yeah, I thought so.
Look me up on Airbnb, I post better review numbers than them other young punks. Sure, I may be old, but I assure you, my deck is as firm as it’s ever been!!!
- Sleeps 3
- 360 degree forested views
- Simple kitchen (camping stove, cooler, kettle, coffee/tea, plates, bowls, utensils)
- Sleeping Loft for 2, requires climbing stairs
- Additional mattress can be placed downstairs for an extra fee
- Powered by a solar panel (DC powered, can charge USB devices)
- Private outdoor deck area with lounge chairs
- 2 single hammocks nearby
- Personal seating/dining area nearby
- Dog-friendly (extra fee applies)
- Amenities 1-2 minutes away:
- Shared Commons lounge (fridge, oven, stove, WIFI, AC power, cooking/dining/lounge/workspace areas)
- Shared bathroom / shower
- Shared hot tub (reserve your time slot)
- Shared fire pit
- Outdoor games and activities
- Free parking near Commons lounge
OTHER AMENITIES AVAILABLE FOR RENT:
- Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP)
- 2 seater kayaks
- River floating tubes
- Photography Session at your cabin
- Bring your pup (2 dogs max)
- Elopement Packages
- Self-guided Scavenger Hunt (FREE)
“The Shanty (I’m sure their other listings too) are well worth the trip. Their space offers a unique respite from a normally hectic world. You are able to just exist no interruptions. If you find yourself longing for something to do Missoula offers bountiful options! I’d highly recommend booking! Just go, unplug, spend time with a good book, and just exist out there!” Aaron from Salt Lake City, UT
“Very beautiful stay! Highly recommend if you want to be directly in Montana’s beauty.” Alexis from Eden, UT
”Honestly, Best airbnb ever! Absolutely book this. Stunning location, wonderful hosts, amazing stay! So much fun and extremely cute. “ Norah from Dillon, CO