“Hey you! I’m The Blind!
FYI A hunting blind, hide or machan is a concealment device or shelter for hunters or gamekeepers, designed to reduce a chance of detection by animals.
With my fantastic 360 degrees forest views, I like to think that I’m pretty flippin’ cool – like two popped collars cool. Just lie down, and take in the stars at night from your pillow. Mic drop!
I’ve learned a lot from my older 80 sq foot siblings (The Shanty and the A-frame), like adding a knee wall gives you more headroom and a simple 2-inch thick live edge slab makes for a gorgeous countertop. I’ve learned that when you’re hot – you are hot – and less is more around these parts. Oh yea, to find me, you gotta go down (the hill) a bit, so bring your wine, your comfy shoes and let’s party!”
If you’re interested in how the Blind was erected, check it out in this 3-minute clip.
- Sleeps 2 (2 single beds that can be pushed together)
- 360 degrees of forested views
- Simple kitchen (camping stove, coffee/tea, cooler, plates, utensils)
- Large private deck with great mountain/forest views and lounge chairs
- 2 person hammock nearby
- Powered by a Solar Panel (DC power, can charge USB devices)
- Dog-friendly (extra fee applies)
- Amenities 1-2 minutes away:
- Shared Commons lounge (with fridge, stove, oven, sink, cooking space, dining space, lounge space, working space, AC power, WIFI)
- Shared Hot Tub (reserve your time slot)
- Shared Bathrooms/Shower
- Shared Fire Pit
- Outdoor games and activities
- Free parking near Commons lounge
OTHER AMENITIES AVAILABLE FOR RENT:
- Stand Up Paddle
- 2 seater Kayak
- River Floating Tubes
- Photography Session at your cabin
- Bring your pup (2 dogs max)
- Elopement Packages
- Self-guided Scavenger Hunt (FREE)
“Great spot to get out of the city! The hosts were great and we enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended!” Rachel from Missoula, MT
“Amazing! We stayed three nights in the Blind and couldn’t have had a more pleasant and relaxing stay. The vibe at the property was super chill and friendly with plenty of privacy and serenity. Alla and Garrett were so welcoming, generous, kind and inviting. We will definitely be back!” Heidi from San Diego, CA
“Alla and Garrett are great hosts. Fast responses and always helpful! Their property is amazing and it was a great experience spending some time away from civilization! It’s a very quiet and romantic place. Loved the sunsets and looking at stars at night from the cabin! I would definitely recommend to anyone!” Svenja from Philadelphia, PA